Modular Cubicle Workstations Custom Built To Your Specifications
Modular cubicle workstations or cubicle desks is a semi-enclosed workspace that is separated from joining workspaces using cubicle partitions that are five to six feet in height. Office cubicles serve the purpose of separating workers from sights and noises that are found in open workspaces and reduce the level of disturbance. Modular components like work surfaces, drawers, overhead bins, and shelving are the basic elements of modular cubicle workstations. These can be arranged to meet individual needs. While it is best to rely on experts for the installation of office cubicles, the arrangement of some models can be done by somebody with no technical experience.
Modular office workstations offer important benefits over conventional offices and open workspaces. While some office cubicles are priced high construction and remodeling of walls and windows are not needed for their installation. Cubicles are planned in such a way that they can be contracted or expanded or have their locations modified according to your existing office space specifications. Let us now have a look at the benefits and drawbacks of installing modular cubicle workstations.
Cubicle Workstation Benefits
- Office cubicles are helpful when it comes to placing every member working in a team together, rather than giving each employee with a separate and private office.
- Installing office cubicles also helps in reducing the level of investment as far as furniture and storage spaces are concerned. Team members can be inspired to use the overhead bins for storage. This will help businesses to save the cost of giving each person a personalized locker.
- Shifting workstations is also easier, as specialists just have to pack their belongings in a box and move to a separate cubicle that looks exactly like the earlier one.
- When compared to open spaces, office cubicles allow individuals to add their touch to their workspace. They might stick pictures and little memoirs that help to lighten their mood and perform better.
- Cubicles facilitate communication between co-workers in many ways. It is easier for team leads to address all the members of their team together as they are seated in one location. Employees working on a common project can collaborate better between themselves. It is also easier for managers to address a team as a whole in one particular location rather than having to relocate to the conference room for the intended discussions or announcements.
- It is easier for the management committee to monitor the activities of their employees.
- Similar and uniform working areas help to create a sense of equality among co-workers.
- Modular cubicle workstations also aid in flow between the rows and workstations, as the tall separating walls give a clear idea about the hallway.
Notwithstanding the many benefits, there is one serious drawback that office cubicles cause. Businesses, in their drive to cut costs, often negotiate on the size of the cubicles. The result is that too many workers get confined in small spaces and there is a lack of air circulation. There are also risks of too many people working and talking together can be more distracting than productive.
Despite these facts, no one can deny the advantage of installing modular office workstations in your office. Not only do they help the floor space look clean and achieve proper departmental division, but they also increase the level of productivity by cutting down on distractions, noises, and sights.
Call (COFS) Computer Office Furniture Store today for information about how free office space planning can help you get the most out of your investment in cubicle systems design.
Modular Cubicle Workstations – Free Quote 832-799-9942